|Crepes made from Coconut Flour. Gluten Free & GAPS friendly|
It is also important to remember that coconut flour browns faster than wheat flour so your crepes will be a lot darker in colour than traditional ones.
6 TBSP coconut flour
1 cup of whole milk
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Butter or coconut oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until it is lump free.
- Place about 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot pan in which 1/2 teaspoon of oil or butter is melted.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and tip the pan slightly to widen out the crepe. Don't go too thin.
- When bubbles burst across the entire surface of the crepe flip it over gently to continue cooking on the other side. It will take about 1 minute on each side. The crepe will be golden brown in colour like above.
- When done, keep it in a warm oven while continuing to cook remaining crepes.
- Serve them warm with wholesome whipped cream, saucy strawberries and good quality Canadian maple syrup.